Sponges by Zero Waste Club
Pack of 2 ergonomic biodegradable reusable kitchen sponges
- 100% biodegradable - made from wood pulp (plant cellulose)
- Absorbs up to 10 times of their weight
- Environmentally-friendly, reusable & fully biodegradable sponges.
- Perfect for the kitchen and bathroom
- Dyed using FDA organic pigment, click here to find out more
- Each sponge: 115 (l) x 65 (w) x 30 (h) mm
Materials & Packaging
- 100% biodegradable wood pulp (plant cellulose)
- 100% plastic-free
- Comes in a 100% recycled unbleached Kraft box, printed with Soy Ink, which is 100% recyclable.
Message from the maker
My name is Lixiang, I am 45 years old, I have been working with the company for 3 years. I was born in Jiaxing Zhejiang Province. l have a cute daughter, I have been in cellulose sponge business for more than 20 years. I hope you enjoy the quality of my work and the sponges I made. And did you know all of the production scraps of the sponges can be recycled into new sponges?
Our factory is based in the Yancheng City, Jiangsu province in China. Where the minimum wage is 1830RMB per month.
The minimum salary paid is around 2,100RMB per month.
We do not use plastics in production, but use preservatives and humectants at the end of processing. These chemical components will enter our sewage treatment pool for proper treatment and discharge.
End of life
When the sponge is no useful in cleaning your dishes. Throw the sponge at your best friends head. Long as the sponge lands on a patch of grass, it will biodegrade.If you want to speed up the breaking down of the sponge, simply bury it underground or put it in your home compost.If your council collects food waste for composting, you can also put the sponge in the food waste bin.